An Outdoor Kitchen with Pizza Oven? You Bet!
More and more homeowners are choosing to maximize their outdoor living spaces. The pandemic lockdowns added to this growing trend, as Americans spent more time at home than ever before. Outdoor kitchens are a popular addition, allowing for easy al fresco dining and enhancing entertaining options. But can you install an outdoor kitchen with pizza oven combination? You bet!
Adding a pizza oven option to your outdoor kitchen setup allows you to savor the authentic flavors of brick oven or wood-fired pizza in the comfort of your own backyard. But the advantages don’t stop there. We’ll explore the benefits of having an outdoor kitchen with a pizza oven, design options to suit your style, material choices for durability, and what the installation process looks like.
An Outdoor Kitchen with Pizza Oven Takes Backyard Living to the Next Level
If you’re thinking of installing an outdoor kitchen, there are numerous reasons to include a pizza oven as part of your design plan:
1. Unleash Your Inner Chef: With a pizza oven in your outdoor kitchen, you can experiment with various recipes and become a master pizza chef. Create crispy crusts and great pizza flavors that will transport you to the Italian countryside.
2. Entertain with Ease: An outdoor pizza oven will quickly become the centerpiece of your backyard gatherings. One of the most enduring and popular party foods, pizzas are a crowd favorite. Imagine the joy of watching your friends and family come together to build their own pizzas, creating fun and lasting memories.
3. Extend Your Living Space: Outdoor kitchens offer an extension of your home, providing a dedicated area for cooking and entertaining. With a pizza oven, you’ll naturally draw everyone outside, enjoying the fresh air. Since pizza ovens get much hotter than regular residential ovens, they’re ideally suited to an outdoor environment.
4. Add Value to Your Property: The rising trend of outdoor living brings with it growing demand. Potential homebuyers gravitate toward properties with enhanced outdoor areas. One of the most popular items, a bespoke outdoor kitchen with pizza oven can add as much as 3.7% to the selling price of your home.
How Should My Outdoor Kitchen with Pizza Oven Look?
We’ve talked about the functional benefits of adding a pizza oven to an outdoor kitchen, so it’s time to think about aesthetics. How do you want your new outdoor living space to look?
There are numerous custom design options to suit almost every home and lifestyle. Your pizza oven can be freestanding or incorporated into the kitchen layout. It can match the materials used elsewhere in your kitchen or home, or you may want it to be a unique centerpiece. If you favor a wood-burning pizza oven, many homeowners choose to have wood storage built beneath or next to their oven for maximum convenience.
A landscape design/build professional can advise you on what design options might be right for your needs, but these are several popular choices:
Embrace the rustic appeal of a brick pizza oven. Brick works especially well when paired with a traditionally styled outdoor kitchen. This design choice creates a timeless and cozy atmosphere, perfect for traditional or farmhouse-style homes.
For a sleek and contemporary outdoor kitchen, opt for a stainless-steel pizza oven that seamlessly blends with your modern architecture. Pair it with minimalist countertops and stainless-steel appliances for a chic, sophisticated look.
Customize with Tile
Let your creativity shine by designing a personalized outdoor kitchen with pizza oven that reflects your unique taste. From mosaic tiles to decorative accents, you can customize every detail to match your style. You can even incorporate a monogram or catchy phrase into the pizza oven’s tile design.
Combine with a Fireplace for Maximum Coziness
If you’re all about feeling warm and cozy on crisp fall evenings, consider installing your pizza oven next to an outdoor fireplace. You can enjoy the crackle of the fire and the aroma of baking pizza at the same time. Plus, conveniently placed wood storage will fuel both.
What’s the Best Material for an Outdoor Pizza Oven?
While outdoor kitchens can take almost any shape and complement any architectural style, pizza ovens have some specialized requirements. A pizza oven gets extraordinarily hot, so heat retention and resistance is the name of the game. You want to make sure your material will hold heat in for consistent cooking but be durable enough to resist cracking.
Refractory brick is made from fire clay and is designed to withstand high temperatures. Brick pizza ovens offer excellent heat retention, ensuring consistent cooking temperatures and deliciously crispy pizzas. The natural charm of brick adds traditional appeal to your outdoor kitchen while providing durability that stands the test of time.
Ideal for a contemporary outdoor kitchen, stainless steel pizza ovens offer sleek aesthetics, durability, and easy maintenance. They heat up quickly, allowing you to enjoy pizzas in no time.
Stone pizza ovens blend traditional charm and durability. The dense natural material retains heat efficiently, allowing for even cooking. While you can build your outdoor pizza oven entirely from stone, it may not hold up to high heat as well as other materials. You can resolve this with a fire brick cooking chamber coupled with a stone façade.
The Installation Process
If you’re thinking about adding an outdoor kitchen with pizza oven to your property, you may be wondering what the installation process is like. While each customer’s needs are unique, the process generally follows these four steps:
1. Consultation and Design: Your landscape design/build professional will evaluate your space, discuss your vision, and provide design recommendations.
2. Site Preparation: Once the design is finalized, the installation team will prepare the site. This may involve excavation, leveling the ground, and installing necessary utilities.
3. Construction and Assembly: Skilled professionals will construct the outdoor kitchen framework, including countertops, cabinets, and the pizza oven base. They’ll ensure proper insulation and ventilation for safe and efficient cooking.
4. Finishing Touches: The landscaping company will add the final touches, such as connecting gas lines, installing lighting fixtures, and applying any desired decorative elements. Your outdoor kitchen with pizza oven is now ready to be enjoyed!
If you have questions about outdoor kitchens, pizza ovens, or any other landscaping project, contact Benson Enterprises. With almost four decades in the business, we have the necessary experience to help you create a beautiful and functional outdoor space.
Call Today For A Free Estimate (585) 248-0452