A Reflection of You
Are you ready for your landscape to compliment your house and fit your needs? It extends your usable living space outdoors. It can help direct guests to your front door or create private spaces for quiet contemplation. It can provide summer shade and still let in winter light. It can frame an attractive view and screen another less desirable one.
Questions We Might Ask You
- Do you desire more privacy?
- Do you barbeque or entertain?
- Is your landscape dated?
- How large are your parties?
- Would you like a pool or a patio?
- Prior to our meeting we’ll ask you to start thinking more in depth about what you envision for your landscaping. Our initial meeting will be used to review your property, discuss your desired goals and explore a range of possibilities. We then advise you of any design fee that may apply. A design fee is typically between $150 to $600 and is based on the size and complexity of your job. This fee covers the entire design process through to a final set of scaled blueprints that are yours to keep. Any design fee paid will be credited to your project or prorated based on the work that we perform.
- We then get started measuring the site and taking photographs. A site analysis will be conducted that takes into consideration the natural aspects of your site and how they blend with your needs. A copy of your survey map at that time would be helpful with the planning process.
- During the next meeting, a plan or concept is presented to you for your review and discussion. The plan will include a scaled drawing that incorporates your desired goals with our creativity and aesthetic vision. The plan will also include all structures, property lines and existing conditions. A proposal will be presented to you outlining the costs based on the design. We’ll also discuss the plantings we’ve suggested and what type of construction materials we plan to utilize.
- Upon the completion of the design process, after any desired revisions or modifications, we will discuss scheduling your project on time line that works for you and fits into our schedule. The work can be done all at once, or in phases, depending on your budget and priorities.
- A well designed, sustainable landscape takes these important aesthetic considerations and combines them with practical uses of plants and hardscape. Our goal in designing a successful landscape is to create a unique outdoor environment that meets our clients’ needs, while reflecting an aesthetic balance between nature and functionality.